1. How do I join the Game Jam?
All you need to do is hit that register button at the top of the page and create an account in GXC. After that just apply the appropriate tag to your game, when uploading and you're golden!
2. When does the Game Jam start?
Game Jam theme reveal and submission start will happen on March 4th. Submission period ends on March 18th at 23:59 (CET).
3. Can I use other game engines to make my submission?
Sorry, only games made with GameMaker Studio 2 are allowed!
4. What if I win, but the laws of my country won't let me accept the monetary prize?
In the scenario where the laws of your country forbid you from accepting a monetary prize due to your age or for any other reason, we will be forced to disqualify you from the game jam.
5. What if the jury doesn't agree with my interpretation of the game jam's theme?
In the event of controversy, the Jury has the last word to determine whether a game incorporates the theme or not. The Jury's decision is final.
6. Does the entire game have to be made during the jam?
Yes, however there are some exceptions to this. You can use commercially available music, sound effects and fonts, as long as you have permission to use them for the game jam by, for example, buying them. Moreover, you're allowed to apply necessary bug fixes to your game, after the submission period is over. However any major changes to the game done at that point will result in your disqualification.
7. Does my submission have to include elements from the Extra Credit section to win?
Nope! Including a nice cover art might net you additional prize money, but won't have an impact on your standing in the main part of the game jam.
8. How many people can be in one team?
How many you'd like! However, be aware that the prize money will have to be split between the team members. We recommend creating a joint profile for your group, or picking one person to be in charge of the project.
9. Who will judge the games?
At first, all submissions will be judged by members of the GameMaker and Opera GX teams including head of GameMaker, Russel Kay and Product Direct for GX, Maciej Kocemba. After that, the community will pick their favorite five games in a public vote, which will open on the 29th of March and close on the 5th of April.
10. When and where will I see the arcade machine with my game?
Due to production timelines and possible bug fixes, we anticipate around 3 months to ship our arcade machines. At the moment we are considering a number of different locations, such as museums, barcades and universities. They might even arrive in your home town!
11. Do I retain ownership of my game?
Yes, the game remains solely yours!
12. How do I make a game in GameMaker Studio 2?
Making a game with GameMaker Studio 2 is easier than you might think, not to mention free! Here are some links to tutorials you might find useful:
13. How do I upload a game to GXC?
Easy - just follow this tutorial.