This game was made in only 48 hours for the GMTK game jam 2020. It got 27th place out of 5k entries!
The theme was "Out of control", so I made a game where the main character has a simple stealing mechanic but where you can steal metaphysical concepts and identities. The game's numbers and setting spiral out of control through 5 different phases:
- Office life
- City life
- Political life
- Space life
- WASD/IJKL/arrow keys: move
- Spacebar/shift/X/left click: interact
- R / escape: restart level (very important)
- F4: fullscreen (windows only)
- In battle, use the mouse to select actions.
This is a hybrid between a puzzle game and an RPG. It has similar mechanics to a simple turn by turn RPG, with the main mechanic being that you can steal the enemy's move/HP/identity. However, you should approach it like a puzzle game, because you must figure out the best battle order to maximize your stats and abilities.
All coding and art were made during the allocated jam time, the music was composed before the jam, as allowed.
- Code and music: Adrien Dittrick
- Bandcamp album: https://adriendittrick.bandcamp.com/album/universal-thief
- Artwork: Shinlalala (NSFW account)